Piranhas Forum banner

Hello toothy friends!

202 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  AquaAlex1993
Hey everyone! Aqua Alex here. Long time fish keeper since I was 12 years old! Currently don't have any piranhas but plan on getting some! I love the serrasalmidae family. I have 2 baby black pacu and some wide bar silver dollars. Looking into getting either some caribe or a black rhom for my empty tank!
Glad to be here! :)
Alex

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Welcome to the group! Thankfully being in the US you have some pretty good options for finding local or shipping options on some fancy piranhas :)
Reactions: 1
Welcome to the group! Thankfully being in the US you have some pretty good options for finding local or shipping options on some fancy piranhas :)
that is quite true. I'm thinking about doing red bellies and caribe or a single serrasalmus can't make up my mind
that is quite true. I'm thinking about doing red bellies and caribe or a single serrasalmus can't make up my mind
Right on, what kind of tank size are you running? Been following KingofDIY on YouTube to catch up on my piranha knowledge. He had a bunch of 1" fish that he's got up to 6-8ish now already. Pretty helpful info actually.
  • Love
Right on, what kind of tank size are you running? Been following KingofDIY on YouTube to catch up on my piranha knowledge. He had a bunch of 1" fish that he's got up to 6-8ish now already. Pretty helpful info actually.
I actually have 3 tanks. A 125 gallon with wide bar silver dollars, chocolate cichlids, severums, geophagus, four line cats, tiger shovelnose, and others. A 55 gallon fancy goldfish and silver aro grow out tank. My 75 gallon which is empty at the moment is likely going to have a gold diamond rhom or some red bellies.
I actually have 3 tanks. A 125 gallon with wide bar silver dollars, chocolate cichlids, severums, geophagus, four line cats, tiger shovelnose, and others. A 55 gallon fancy goldfish and silver aro grow out tank. My 75 gallon which is empty at the moment is likely going to have a gold diamond rhom or some red bellies.
Nice nice, I've got 24 baby reds in an 80 gallon for now and as soon as they put on a little size I'll be moving them to a 180. Either by natural selection or by selling a bunch I'll be reducing the shoal down to a dozen or less as soon as they hit the 5-6" mark.

Would be nice to find a 240+ gal tank but they're been pretty overpriced around here lately. Even canister filters have doubled in price on the used market since I last kept fish just a few years ago unfortunately :(
Nice nice, I've got 24 baby reds in an 80 gallon for now and as soon as they put on a little size I'll be moving them to a 180. Either by natural selection or by selling a bunch I'll be reducing the shoal down to a dozen or less as soon as they hit the 5-6" mark.

Would be nice to find a 240+ gal tank but they're been pretty overpriced around here lately. Even canister filters have doubled in price on the used market since I last kept fish just a few years ago unfortunately :(
Yea prices here have skyrocketed as well. sad.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts