Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smile: hi im new to this forum and i currently hane no fish but am looking have any suggestions?

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Welcome to the board. Hope you find all the info you'll ever need to know, however if you dont...just ask and Im sure someone will know the answer.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Welcome to P-Fury

and about what kind of fish - your on a piranha site

......I suggest goldfish!

but seriously, what do you want from your fish in terms of size, behaviour, look and compatability with other fish? - tank size & cost?

after you decide these we can give you some good suggestions to suit you.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Welcome to the board. If you're just starting out like I was last december, red belly piranhas are probably the best to start out with, being widely available, and somewhat cheap. But in order to be entertaining, at least 3? for a small schoal would be best, 1 in a tank is shy and boring to watch. and 2 fight with each other. I'll let somebody else who has more expirience get more into detail on that.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Yet, he's on a piranha site...

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
welcome, you have quite a selection and if you decide you want some other cool fish like arowanas or oscars or something we have a nonpiranha forum either way, even if you have no piranhas you are still welcome to the site and you can always get some in the future, it took me a couple months to get my reds.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
If you want piranhas start with a red belly....pygocentrus natt., they are the most common to aquire and easiest to maintain, imho.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
get a nice spilo and keep it by its self, they are probably the easiest to get, easiest to keep, and best solitary piranha for people new at this hobby

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
get one red, and put it in a smaller aquarium and learn how to make its ideal living coniditions, and expand from there...........o yeah and welcome

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Neon tetras are a nice, docile starter fish for a beginner like yourself, but you'd need a 900 gallon tank setup to hold just one, as they can easily exceed 3 feet in length. They're a beautiful bright red/neon blue/pearl white color, and a shoal of them is truly a sight to behold. Seemings how they are a schooling fish, however, you may consider creating a 2500+ gallon indoor pond of some sort, to make them happiest.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

Aside from the basic aquarium help and set-ups.. your first choice is to pick what catagory of Ps you'd be most happy with.

Serras: Solitary fish that tend to be an aggressor to anything else, even with their own kind.

Pygos: A shoal (schooling) group of piranhas which can compliment other Ps within their catagory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.