Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

to everyone on p-fury i wanted to say hi. i am new here, my friend from school is a member on this site and ownes a lot of piranha's. i just got 3 red belly's. he set me up with a tank (55g) 2 filters a heater. i live close to him on campus so he has been checking on my tank alot. anyway wanted to say whats up and i am excited about this site. i have herd alot of good things about this site.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new tank, if you have any questions feel free to ask, we got tons of experts here that will be able to answer your questions.

:welcome:

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
Welcome to p-fury. You'll find all the information your need here, what with the experts and information sections this page is great.

Have fun with your piranha! :welcome:

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome to p-fury! you will find plenty of information on this site for many different species of piranhas, tank equipment, feeding, etc. this site has to be the most informative site i have seen so far. if you have any questions, i'm sure any of the people of this forum would be happy to assist you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you every one. i have my p's in a 55g tank how large until i have to get a larger tank? THe piranha's that I have are 3'' I think. My friend has let me feed mine some of his food until I go out and get my own food. I have been feeding them fish fillets, shell on shrimp and squid. also he told me to keep the temp of the tank at 80 is that too hot?

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
welcome to the site, your friend's advice on the temp is spot on. I usually don't set my tanks above 80 and wouldn't advise going over 82 unless treating an illness.

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome to p-fury, and as for you question about how big does your fish have to be depends on how many you have in there. for a 55 the MAX is 3 fish. everybody is trying to steer towards a 20-25gal per fish rule. you should easily be able to have 2 p's in there for life and not have to worry about fighting as much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts