Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piranha-Fury family.

First and foremost, Happy Holidays since everyone is being a bitch about saying "Merry Christmas".

Well, as of last month, my unit became the first helicopter unit to lift a giant piece of artillery into combat since Vietnam. We delivered the M198 Howitzer to 2/4 Gulf Co, for them to use and combat the "war on terrorism". I wasn't apart of the flight but me and my other Marine went to the lift site to take pictures of the lift as it happened.

Lets just say being underneath a 67000+ lb piece of flying metal is a bitch! Pebbles and sand flying all over the place is not cool to open skin, nore is 72000+lbs of force blowing down on you. We had to literally hold each other up to take the pictures (never been underneath a flying helicopter)

Here are the pictures in no particular order
Sky Helicopter Rotorcraft Military helicopter Aircraft

Sky Aircraft Rotorcraft Helicopter Helicopter rotor

Sky Military helicopter Tire Vehicle Window

Sky Cargo pants Wheel Tire Cannon

Sky Aircraft Vehicle Military helicopter Helicopter

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Squad

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Military helicopter

Sky Vehicle Helicopter Military helicopter Rotorcraft

....Also in different news, we had a helicopter crash. I'm not allowed to discuss in detail except just to state the obvious.

Attachments

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
First and foremost, Happy Holidays since everyone is being a bitch about saying "Merry Christmas".
Don't bow down to that PC horse shyte! Merry Christmas!!

Great shots!!, stay safe. Good luck to you guys over there, it's appreciated.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.