Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i came home and inspected my p's. Two of them have this slightly black discoloration on their mouth and what looks like to be a burn mark in the center of the black discoloration. I believe it is heater burn. I occasionally see them running face first into the heaters when i turn out their lights at night. this is what led me to believe its heater burn.

How bad is it? Can i just let them heal by themselves?

I know its not fungus cuz my water quality is not bad. i do 50% water changes once a week. Oh and i have 6 reds in a 125 gallon. They are about 2 1/2 " now.

can those who have pictures of their reds with heater burn please post some pics for me, just to help me confirm? I would take pics if my digi cam were better, alas....no.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sKuz said:
today i came home and inspected my p's. Two of them have this slightly black discoloration on their mouth and what looks like to be a burn mark in the center of the black discoloration. I believe it is heater burn. I occasionally see them running face first into the heaters when i turn out their lights at night. this is what led me to believe its heater burn.

How bad is it? Can i just let them heal by themselves?

I know its not fungus cuz my water quality is not bad. i do 50% water changes once a week. Oh and i have 6 reds in a 125 gallon. They are about 2 1/2 " now.

can those who have pictures of their reds with heater burn please post some pics for me, just to help me confirm? I would take pics if my digi cam were better, alas....no.
[snapback]852938[/snapback]​
hmm sounds to me like heater burn. SHouldnt be anything to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.