• 2 - Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I rated it a 5. If there was a 4.5 option, I would have used that. The ONLY TINY little problem is that there is no indication light saying that the thing is on. All black, shatterproof (great for those skittish P's) so you dont have to worry about the glass breaking, and they also hold the temps very well. I use these in all my tanks and will continue to recommend them to everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very reliable and tough as nails. The only fault is they don't tell you they are on, well unless you grab them.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
i ve only had mine for about 1 month but its always within 1 degree on what its set at (probably less since its not perfectally set on 77 like i want but the temp hasnt passed lower then 76.2 (digi thermometer))

i like the light feature on the visi therms so i have to get used to not kowing if its on or off so i have to check it moer frequently ( i usually just have a floating temp and just quickly see if its about what i want or i dip my finger in the water and go by feel)

i also think stealths look much nicer then regular visitherms and i use it in a future sw reef so with a black background you cant really notice it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Rock solid...it does not have a indicator light but I do not think my temp. has changed over 1 degree the entire time I have had it. This heater would be near impossible to be broken by a fish.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the look of it and the accuracy, but had to rate it as average because every one i bought after about a year to year and a half they all burned out. And we're talking about when I had 10 tanks going all with (stealth version at one time) so they definate caused some stress for me for a period of time.

·
Team WTF
3,265 Posts
Great heater. Recommended to me off of this site. Thanks p-fury for recommended such a great product.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Only been using it for a week now. So far so good. temp set at 80 only has been 79.2- 80.3.

I Currently have 2 250 watts for my 125 gallon tank. =] looks nice in the tank too on its side.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love the fact that is it:

1. black: making it less noticable
2. Completely submersible: less stuff hanging off the back of the aquarium
3. Consistent: no temp fluxuations
4. Plastic: don't have to worry about the thing exploding/imploding or whatever

Granted, there is no light to indicate it's working, but thermometer will tell you either way; I didn't like the light on my old glass one, with the indicator light constantly coming on and off....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a Marineland (same as Aquarium Systems?) Stealth 250W and notice that it always has a lot of bubbles all over it. I'm pretty sure this is a sign that it's working.

Do you all get the bubbles too? I didn't remember my 200W having bubbles on it at all, weird.

Other than the bubbles, I love the heater. I actually like that it doesn't have the on/off light because when I have my blue moonlights it's much less distracting.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Bubbles are nothing, just like when you do a water change you have little bubbles on the glass, they will go away. if the bother you just take an algea cleaner and wipe them off the heater.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bubbles are nothing, just like when you do a water change you have little bubbles on the glass, they will go away. if the bother you just take an algea cleaner and wipe them off the heater.
I hear you on the initial bubbles when you do a water change, but there are always bubbles on my Stealth, I'll wipe them but they'll be back the next day consistently. It's been in the tank for about a month and they're always there. I'm just not sure why my other Stealth heater didn't have that prob, no biggie, just wondering.

·
Banned
4,448 Posts
Exceptional heater...I wish it had an indicator light so you know it is working, but I've never had any problems. Shatterproof, accurate, and blends in well with decor.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i had a stealth and it popped and split the housing clean in half i didnt know for a while until i stuck my hand in the tank during a water change and it shocked the sh*t outa me probably shocked the fish also when i stuck my hand in there and grounded out the current lol,

to be honest i dont blame the heater it was in my backwall sump and i guess the water level dropped and it just got hot and popped i dont put heaters in the backwall sump anymore.

i now use the Rena Smart Heater 300w a much better heater with a canister filter hook up for your XP2,3 and such and an indicator light.

·
Registered
323 Posts
glass heaters make me paranoid and this heater is very nice and keeps a constant tempature. the only bad thing is there is no indicator light that its on

·
Down With Tyranny....Overthrow ksls!!!
7,184 Posts
Good heater. Very accurate within 1 degree of setting. But the last one I had died after 2 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts