Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering... i feed my p's both goldfish and red rose minnows and also guppies... i was wondering that is the healthest type of live feeder i could give to my p's they arent big enough to take on mice yet but i will give them mice once they get larger...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
best feeders are ones that have been quarentined first for disease and parrasite reasons. Strictly feeders alone is not the best way to go as far as nutrition so I would recomend feeding wahtever you can supply cheapest (for wallets sake) and not to feed them just feeders, but rather mix the diet up some :D

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
In general, goldfish are the least healthy feeders, because they seem to be the most neglected fish around, even at lfs's....

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Judazzz said:
In general, goldfish are the least healthy feeders, because they seem to be the most neglected fish around, even at lfs's....
another reason for this is that goldfish food lacks the nutrition that tropical fish food contains, therefore the goldfish have less nutrients.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feed my goldfish brine shrimp... my p's wont take brine shrimp so i feed it to my goldfish and as soon as they are doing eating i feed the goldfish to my piranhas... so the piranhas get the protein from the goldfish plus the nutrients of the brine shrimp... is that stupid? if so tell me i wanna know

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Natural.Playboy said:
I feed my goldfish brine shrimp... my p's wont take brine shrimp so i feed it to my goldfish and as soon as they are doing eating i feed the goldfish to my piranhas... so the piranhas get the protein from the goldfish plus the nutrients of the brine shrimp... is that stupid? if so tell me i wanna know
no it ain't stupied but also b.shrimp doesn't have alot of nutrition. alot of people feed flake food to the feeders.the best way to go is as snow has suggested mixs up there diet .try beefheart which is very good to bulk them up also krill which will bring out good deep color on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts