Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wonder if I can have my 3juveniles rbp in a 28gallon for like 1 or 2 months more. I'm looking and looking for bigger tanks, and I'm going to buy one as soon as I got the money, but that won't happen before 1-2 months. They are now about 2in, and in 2months they'll be around 4inches right?

What do you think?

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mr.freez said:
it will have to work right,

do you have a power head and good filtration to try and make things easier??
[snapback]871890[/snapback]​
Well, the pump I have makes a pretty good circulation/current in the water, very powerful one I think. And so far the water have been crystalclear and almost no No2 and No3, and about 10GH, and 6,5pH. If this continues, you think it will work?
A buddy of mine (no idea of the minimum dimensions and gallons per p) for some years ago, had 2rbp in a 6gallon!!! They died around 4inches I think, disease (not very surprisingly though).

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Dont know how this became an equipment question from a P info request.

What size are your so called juvi's?? When stateing juvi's, most people would think 2-4"ers... and three 2-4"ers in a 28 gal is a set up for disaster to happen. Ps rapidly grow from 1" to 6" within 5-6 months, and with 3 growing Ps in a 30 gal, fights will occur for space which injuries or even cassualties may occur.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
Black_Pz said:
i have 3 in a 38 gal...its long so it gives the room to move....mine r like 2-3inch's...they have lots of space....im not upgrading for a lil while...till they r like 7 inch's each. good luck bro!
[snapback]872590[/snapback]​
now that is a recipe for disaster. 3 rbp's at 7" will not do well in a 38 gal. Yeah they are your fish, so do what you want. But leaving them in there that long is definitely not a good idea.

To the original poster, your fish should be fine for a couple more months in that tank, but no longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.