Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Lol yeah I have noticed this before but with my 2 inch rhom and the outflow from my power filter....it will swim really hard to the surface then let itself go and get swept away!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
when they were smaller my cariba and Nattereri used to do it, now they are big fat bigs and you can't really tell much of an acceleration from the current

I used to have a bubble wand and a few of them used to like to hover in it and have the bubbles rubbing their body

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
My Caribas love to do that too!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
In my opinion, this is a way ti cickle themself with the bubbles. Riding the bubbles with the water currents seem like normal, playfull, and healthy excercise.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya my little rb's love swimming back and forth in the bubbles from the bubble wand. Pisses me off cause they spend more time in the back of the tank in the bubbles instead of in the front where i can easily see them.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
my other reds i had did this they would swim up to the powerhead and then let the current take them back to where they started and swim into it again sometimes for hours on end.
the p's i have now only do it know and then
dixon

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
I have only seen my exoscars do that, I miss those guys they ate out of my hand, the lil ones are still kinda skittish whenever I am near. If they don't see me move they swim around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.