Piranhas Forum banner

Have you ever hold an adult Ps w/ your barehand?

• YES, PIECE OF CAKE.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES, BUT WON'T DO IT AGAIN.

• NEVER

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I never tried or attemp to try it, man. If you think they're wild when trying to fight through a net when trying to catch them, imagine them trying to struggle for water.
I would think it would be hella slippery and plus more chances of getting bitten... not to mention stressing 'em out

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
o snap its eric said:
are you crazy? noone in the right mind would try to hold a adult P with their bare hands. well.... only if you dont value your fingers. hehe
exactly

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I had an 8" Natt bite through a net but got caught at the dorsal fin, so I had to pull her out backwards, she wasnt very slippery I didnt think, she is the most tame piranha I have owned though, she wouldnt do anything when I used to pet her by rubbing her sides when tank cleaning, but I would never try that with my current collection

I also grabbed the Ternetzi I just sold in a bucket, she was laying on her side from stress so I stood her back up and she didnt do anything

I should note its rather stupid to touch a live piranha that is over 5" because they can do serious damage, even babies can do damage to you

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
They have a wierd slimey/soft feel to them. Ive touched P's in the tank and out. Care must be taken to ensure proper finger retention though.

~Dj

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Here's your answer: i have two hands and ten fingers!:laugh:

Seriously: i've touched them in the tank at their sides and tail only when i think they calm...only 3 or 4 times in many years!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Forgot!

I've touched their entire boby when they are dead, including fins, jaws, teeth...less dangerous don't you think!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i voted never and would not do so not due to being scared of bites but i would not want to put my p's through that kind of stress
remember happy fish = happy tank
stressed fish = total nightmare
dixon

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
overbite said:
i voted never and would not do so not due to being scared of bites but i would not want to put my p's through that kind of stress
remember happy fish = happy tank
stressed fish = total nightmare
dixon
true true, i like my fingers... LOL... wonder waht nate said?

I do pat my severum and hand feed hom though

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
i only had my piranha for a week and the way i seen them eat i wouldent go near them.and the only reason i have them now becuase the kid i got them from got the tip of his finger bitin. severed the kid right for always messin with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i wouldn't do it. i'm not scared of getting bit, i just don't want to hurt my p. i was watching a fishing show and they showed the proper way to release a fish. they say try to not hold it with your hands because of their slime. if you hold it with your hands, the oils on your fingers will transfer to their slime and can mess it up. it can even cause them to get sick.
i don't know what else they said. but it was something like this. someone else can probably give a better explanation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.