Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I've been using Aqua Plus to remove the chlorine from my water, and plant gro for fertilizer. my question is this, aqua plus neutralizes heavy metals in the water, plant gro is iron enriched. would plant gro be canceled out by the aqua plus? or would aqua plus neutralize the heavy metals then plant gro put iron back into the water?
if so, should I stop using aqua plus? what else could I use to remove chlorine besides a different chemical?
Thanks!

· Hello Everybody!
1,647 Posts
Some products bind heavy metals and precipitates them out of solution. If you are using both products at the same time, chances are the Aqua Plus is negating the effects of the fertilizer. Whether you are adding the Aqua Plus first does not matter because the chemicals remain active in the tank until it is used up.

If chlorine is your only concern, then a possible solution is to purchase a simple dechlorinator (like DeChlor) which only removes chlorine/chloramine without binding heavy metals.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DonH said:
Some products bind heavy metals and precipitates them out of solution. If you are using both products at the same time, chances are the Aqua Plus is negating the effects of the fertilizer. Whether you are adding the Aqua Plus first does not matter because the chemicals remain active in the tank until it is used up.

If chlorine is your only concern, then a possible solution is to purchase a simple dechlorinator (like DeChlor) which only removes chlorine/chloramine without binding heavy metals.
[snapback]850964[/snapback]​
Awsome, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.