Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger said:
I'v been thinking about playing, but i been to lazy to get around to reconnenting my router, maybe sometime this weekend i'll do it, anywayz im gamer tag is "Rogers Alfonso"

BTW, check out my awesome gifs, i'v made in my sig
[snapback]875378[/snapback]​
Like the sig, don't believe we've ever talked before...its been something like a year since I've posted in this site. Nice to meet you.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
Honest opinions guys (HI Kevin!). My grandson wants to play Halo 2. My wife is against it over things she saw on TV regarding its violent nature. I have no idea or opinion because I didn't see it. My grandson is goodhearted and is non-violent. I don't think any video game can inject negativity into people unless it is already there. Still, I'm keeping an open mind and would like your opinion if a nearly 16 year old should be allowed access and play it.

· DOC#003162
13,889 Posts
hastatus said:
Honest opinions guys (HI Kevin!). My grandson wants to play Halo 2. My wife is against it over things she saw on TV regarding its violent nature. I have no idea or opinion because I didn't see it. My grandson is goodhearted and is non-violent. I don't think any video game can inject negativity into people unless it is already there. Still, I'm keeping an open mind and would like your opinion if a nearly 16 year old should be allowed access and play it.
[snapback]875393[/snapback]​
i dont see nothing wrong with it, this is the game were you run a round shootin aliens right

i really havent looked at it at all but it sounds like all the other shooter games

· Banned
799 Posts
I think a 16 year old is more then old enough to know whats a video game and whats not, i would understand if they didn't allow him to play GTA cause of the realistic violence and sexaul content and language. But the the worse you'll see in halo is a little blood. And when you play single player your only killing aliens, so i don't really see the harm

Also this game is very fun with friends. And who knows, maybe if the world is attacked one day, he'll be ready.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hastatus said:
[snapback]875393[/snapback]​
Hey Frank, I was just thinking of calling you to come for another visit again by the way. I don't seem Halo 2 as being a problem for that age group at all. The violence is limited to explosion and weapon fire. There is no real blood shed. As far as for your son as well balanced as he is and understands the difference between truth and fiction then its a non-issue.

· Registered
10,481 Posts
Thanks guys, my wife is reading what you are posting. I've bought him video games and he's played quite a few of them. The visuals are startling when I'm still thinking of Asteroids.

If anyone else has further on this topic, please let us know. I told him he could go with some friends on Friday to play this game. I gave him a 2 hour time limit and to be honest I was hesitant and did a search of the web on the game. Yes, I know its about aliens and we both went and saw Predator vs Aliens which is gory. So Im thinking there probably is not much difference in this video game. Am I wrong?

· Banned
799 Posts
Nope, its pretty much a half human half robot guy saving the world from attacking aliens, you get to play as one of the aliens in some of the story which is pretty cool. And i think there was probably more violence in AVP then halo 2. Also you'll be surprised at the amount of the kids in your kids age range online.

BTW, you should rent the game and ethier watch him play or play with his in co-cop mode, to see it for your self. without having to risky buying a game you wont let him play (which i doubt) I suggest playing it with him, cause its a good game.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Roger said:
Nope, its pretty much a half human half robot guy saving the world from attacking aliens, you get to play as one of the aliens in some of the story which is pretty cool. And i think there was probably more violence in AVP then halo 2. Also you'll be surprised at the amount of the kids in your kids age range online.
BTW, you should rent the game and ethier watch him play or play with his in co-cop mode, to see it for your self. without having to risky buying a game you wont let him play (which i doubt) I suggest playing it with him, cause its a good game.
[snapback]875434[/snapback]​
Excellent suggestion about renting the game first. Only you can be the judge on whether its right for him or not. I do believe that the game is just fine for him but make sure by renting it and watch the game. AVP has way more blood and gore then this game could ever have. The game was made for enjoyment and not for being one of the most gorey games on the planet like some.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
Frank, it's violent but it's not the kind of depraved violence or gratuitous violence where you can run around punching old ladies and running them around with their cars or anything. Basically you shoot aliens who bleed purple blood. The blood from aliens or humans does not spray or gout or pool or anything like that, in fact this mild red coloring on the ground you can see in this picture is about as gory as it gets

You don't see the blood fly out or anything, it just ends up there after the fact. You never kill any humans in the game, the only ones who die are your fellow soldiers who unfortunately end up biting the bullet at some point. There's no screams of agony or anything either, people just fall over and go "ugh".

To give you another idea, here's somebody getting blown up in a multiplayer game, you'll note that there's no blood or guts or anything, basically the person goes flying from the explosion and comes to a rest

To be honest frank, I wouldn't really call it too violent a game, it's a big epic battle between humans and aliens (and some zombies, but not the grotesque rotting kind) and that's about it

· Skankzilla
16,305 Posts
at 16, halo 2 should be okay. (But every family/parents are the final decision). The game is a gun shooting game, but yeah its aliens vs humans. Not realistic such as Grand Theft Auto or True Crime.

Take the advice, rent the game or have him borrow it from a friend, let him put the game in and just watch the first couple minutes. After like 5 minutes you'll see what the game is like.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.