I have a 2" spilo in my tank right now and it can never seem to eat even half of one small feeder. One of the feeders is about 1/3 eaten (from the tail end) and it's still swimming around. I can see flesh coming out of it's wound but it still looks really lively. Anyways, my question is about ammonia levels in my tank. I know that dead feeders will jack up the ammonia level in the tank if left there to rot but what about 1/3 eaten feeders that are still alive? Will they admit ammonia from their wounds?