Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the ideal habitat for redbellies?
i know they like some plants for security, but a lot or a little? some of the tank pictures i see has so many plants its unbeleivable. also is drift wood commonly around where the live naturally, or anything else that not necessarily looks the best in your tank but that is good for them to have?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Kolbenschlag said:
Xenon,
does black water extract create a noticeable difference? What I mean is does the tank like dirty or is it more like something only the fish can tell? Thanks
Black water extract is used to cloud up the tank making a murky effect in the rivers of the Amazon, driftwoods can substitute branches for fallen trees, powerhead/filteration can act as river flows, different variety of rocks and plants (Sword Plants are
) for their surroundings, heater for the warm climate, and low light are the closest thing yo can do to imitate their natural habitat.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Blackwater extract messes with PH levels. If you use it make sure you use it consistently.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
black extract eh...
hmmm i assume you can just get this at the lfs and it is easy to use?
i never did look at my ph levels because i over filter my tank and do consistent water changes, if i use the stuff will i have to start observing ph?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
CoolD said:
black extract eh...
hmmm i assume you can just get this at the lfs and it is easy to use?
i never did look at my ph levels because i over filter my tank and do consistent water changes, if i use the stuff will i have to start observing ph?
Yeah, Black Extract can be found at your LFS.

Doing daily water changes would be good, but you should check ALL water perimeters once in awhile just to be sure. Adding extract will changed your PH, driftwood, rocks, peat moss, and even plants will effect your PH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.