Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I just bought a 5 gallon bucket and put some guppies in it, would they breed? I was wondering. I know they dont need a heater or anything like that. and Im sure a filter isnt a must. So if I cleaned the bucket every now and then would they be able to breed??

Or should I just get a small 10 gallon tank and throw them in there and get them to breed?

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,893 Posts
Damn sorry i cant find the links for the 4 or 5 posts about breeding guppies we have had.
Anyway, provide the fry some greenage cover on the top, IE floating plants, and food. However i think the 5 gal pal might work, i am breeding mine in a 10 gal tank. I am going to have mine filterd. I blive you should treat it as a tank if thats what your going to do with it, water changes, heated, filter, and clean crips water and make them health feeders for your fish, dont want to get them sick now do we?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,893 Posts
Dang Innes,
I did 4 seacrch for those links, and looked around in the fourms for at least 10 mins, so i gave up and just posted what i remeberd.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
try the search function in future!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
unxchange said:
Try their scientific name, Poecilia reticulata.
LOL

no you need the words that were used in the post, so I searched feeders and breeders.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Guppies are easy to breed just get a 10 gallon with around 10 guppies in it feed em etc... the females you can tell by the ones that arent as colorful and have big black bellies (usually babies) And the males have the colors on the tails. They will breed and they produce live babies right out of the stomach (not sure of the scientific name for this) But the problem you will have is that for p's its worthless cause within a couple of months your p's will be to large for guppies anyways.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
maybee a bit of plant life would help or just some suroundings i think u should go with the 10g tank and a couple plants and a old glass coke bottle thats all my friends had and they bread like rabbits!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts