Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that guppies breed very often, and it's easy to get them to breed. Is this true? And, if they breed very often and easily, would it might be an idea to put some guppies in a 6gallon tank?

It's very rare that goldfish breed right?

·
^word
4,386 Posts
cmsCheerFish said:
not realistic dude, i bred guppies in a 55 gallon and wouldnt even supply my 30 gallon

[snapback]916685[/snapback]​
Not true, i put 10 guppies in my 45 as feeders,my piranhas didnt really pay attention to em at first(they werent hungry) and they lasted bout a week, next thing i new i had 25 baby guppies at the top, i saved em and now im on my 4th gen. of feeders, i bred em ina 5

·
Registered
139 Posts
Only thing that sucks is you have to keep the babies in a seperate tank, other than that, Ive had around 40 guppies in my 55 gal for the sole purpose of cycling the water and theres probably been well over 20 pregnancies in a month, keep ur temperature around 77, i think the heat makes them breed more often.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,888 Posts
I'm sorry that the others didn't give you that much information.
I would like to say that yes, you are supposed to keep the babies away from the parents because the parents will eat the babies, seeing that they are so small. However, if you have the breeding guppies in a larger tank, say a 29 and up, and you have about 30 or less guppies in there, than the parents have less chance of coming in contact with the babies, thus making the babies live on, thus making breeding more productive and well....fun. If you have an questions, don't be afraid to e-mail me.
~Taylor~
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts