Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since theyre all pygo's, do they tend to grow about the same rate on the average, which i think is about 1" or so a month until about 6" when the growth rate slows.

I have raised rbp's and was wondering if my caribe's will grow any faster or slower?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I would say that pygos all grow at about the same rate. Water conditions, tank size, and feeding all play a role, but given tank conditions are the same, the relative growth rates should be the same as well.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
just reading from a piranha book of mine and it confirms that the lifestyle of these two fish are very closly related, Ask Frank for a more defined answer though.
but as In said those play a key role in the factor :smile:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
InSinUAsian said:
I would say that pygos all grow at about the same rate. Water conditions, tank size, and feeding all play a role, but given tank conditions are the same, the relative growth rates should be the same as well.

~Dj
it all depend on care and how much you room you have given them to grow..bigger the tank the faster they will grow also...more room

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
My piranha's have all grown at the same rate. (All the three species) Usually 1 to 1 and a half inches a month. A nice big tank, clean water, good food, And companions to compete for food. If you have a big tank p's after the first 6 inches. They will still grow close to the 1 inch per month. I have seen some of my p's grow from dime size to 8 inches in just under a year.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
As far as i know they have a similar growth rate!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would think that wild pygos grow much faster than captive pygos...I.E. Red bellies....wild pygos stuff their faces while most captive reds eat only when they feel they must in the competitive atmosphere they live in with wild fish...anyway...my caribe have grown very quickly...and I am noticing my Ternetzi is starting to grow quickly as well...my larger reds' size/growth isnt nearly as impressive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.