Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the Growth Rate of the Gold Spilo. I know with ideal conditions it will probably grow faster but on average what is the rate of growth? Fish is currently in a 20 gallon tank and only 2 in long and another is in a 10 gallon and 1.5 in long. Upgrade tanks are coming but would like to know how much time I have, both were given to myself an brother as gifts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
It really just depends on how good of care you take of them and the fish's genetics... should be able to get them to 5" within a year though I would think, and most max out anywhere from 6-9" or so, 9" would be an amazing specimen, most are closer to 6-7".

Upgraded tanks will definitely help though and just keep them on very healthy diverse diets and keep up on water changes.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
to P-Discussion

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
It really just depends on how good of care you take of them and the fish's genetics... should be able to get them to 5" within a year though I would think, and most max out anywhere from 6-9" or so, 9" would be an amazing specimen, most are closer to 6-7".

Upgraded tanks will definitely help though and just keep them on very healthy diverse diets and keep up on water changes.
very well said man, they should hit 5 within one year, people have said they've got they're from 5 - 7" or 6 - 7" within one year, they grow quite slow almost compared to a rhom once they hit roughly 5"....7 - 9" would be a beautiful looking specimen

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Upgrade tank is a must and good thing for fish...the bigger tank to better. Not just spilo, any kind of Serra. seem to grow a bit fast at the bigening. With in the first year if the fish are well feed, and well taken care off it would grown up to 4-6" again depending how big is the tank, how well you fed them, lots of water change, active, etc........After a year Serra. seem to grow a bit slower and slower, maybe an inc" per year or/and a bit more.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with the above. 5" in a year seems very reasonable, then their growth will slow down. A healthy diet, large water changes, genes of the fish are all big determinates in how large they will grow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When will your reporting commence? Also can you include tank setup and water peramiters after every measurement. This would give us even more information. Oh yeah and food and feed times.

I cant wait to see the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts