Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I added some driftwood to my tank about 3 weeks ago and I have noticed there is this white fluffy stuff growing on it?? Is this fungus or moss something like that? Should I remove the wood and clean it?
Another quick question.. I am planning on up grading my tank... Like I said currently I have a 75 gallon with 3 red bellies that range from 6-8 inches. I was trying to decide between a 125 gallon and adding two more fish or getting a 180 gallon and adding the same. The dimensions for the 125 is 72x18x23 and the 180 is 72x24x25 Is it worth the extra money or would I be better off just getting the cheaper 125?? I would have 5 p's in there no matter what. That sounds about right with out over crowding right? I want there to be plenty of room for them to swim around. Thanks for the suggestions!! Jake

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the white stuff growing is probally just "hair algae" ... and it is not harmful, it is just a mtter of appearance

as far as teh tanks go you would be fine with 5 in a 125 gallon, but if you have the extra money to burn then go for it

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.... I will probably just leave the white stuff on. When I add feeders they will probably just eat on it anyways. I'll have to think on the tanks, The extra width would give them alot more space to move around. Any more suggestions and how many red's I should put in would be cool. 125 and the 180. I don't want to overcrowd them. I know it will take along time for them to get to the 11 or so inch range. But it will happen, so I don't want it to look stupid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts