Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does a green natt also have the red on its belly?

my reds have green backs and red bellies. does this mean anything speacil, like is it one of them expensive green natts or is it just another regualr red.

i have no pics to post.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
I will buy one from you but talk to Frank or Raptor as they will know or not if they are green natts.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Im sure there are more out there, just people arent aware of it. They look so similar to thier red counterparts. Heck, I cant even tell them apart from all the pics Ive seen. Even when people post pics of thier reds, they all pretty much look greenish. I think its just me though.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
tyourkie66 said:
does a green natt also have the red on its belly?

my reds have green backs and red bellies. does this mean anything speacil, like is it one of them expensive green natts or is it just another regualr red.

i have no pics to post.
The Green Natt is supposed to be a regular RB. The only reason why it seems rare, is because it hasnt been noticed before and recently came into conversation. Who knows how many of these Green Natts were available at one time but labeled as regular RBPs? Im not sure if its green tint would make it higher in price.. its as expensive as how much your willing to buy it for.. just like the purple RBs.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
o snap its eric said:
my natts are greenish too!!! due to reflections from my plants. <- poor mans why of getting green natts.
Dont trip Eric.. I have Cameleon (spelling?) RBs. Sometimes gold, silver, black and mixed. Wonder how much they're worth???

·
Got Rice?&#33;?
2,648 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I have Cameleon (spelling?) RBs. Sometimes gold, silver, black and mixed.
From what I have seen, fish color in pictures is largely dependent on lighting condition and how the flash hits them. Scales on fish are highly reflective and will reflect, seemingly, the whole spectrum of colors. I too have seen my fish "appear" many different colors. True color, IMO, is best shown by a picture taken without a flash, instead with only direct sunlight as the light source.

Again, I cannot tell the difference between green natts and regular. They all seem to have a "greenish-olive" drab color to them.

~Dj

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i think that some piranhas (if not all) change their tint or color with their mood........ when mine feel threatened the get real light in color almost a white......... but when they are relaxed they are real red........ once again i think it depends on your fish on how much color it shows.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts