Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I set up a 20 gallon tank for my baby red bellied and it worked out perfect. They make this stuff called BioSpira. It sets up the nitrate cycle for you over night. Its a little hefty at twelve dollars, but within 24 hours, my water levels were all perfect. My fish have at least tripled in size in a little over a month and just got their red fins. Unfortunately they ate their companion rams head snail Pokey. But I figured that would happen sooner or later. Anyone else who has had luck with the BioSpira let me know.

Bill

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome

Yes there has been many a discusion about biospira, you probably can find it in the equipment section of the site.
Hope you enjoy the site

MAD

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
billthomason said:
Hey everyone, I set up a 20 gallon tank for my baby red bellied and it worked out perfect. They make this stuff called BioSpira. It sets up the nitrate cycle for you over night. Its a little hefty at twelve dollars, but within 24 hours, my water levels were all perfect. My fish have at least tripled in size in a little over a month and just got their red fins. Unfortunately they ate their companion rams head snail Pokey. But I figured that would happen sooner or later. Anyone else who has had luck with the BioSpira let me know.

Bill
congrad...and if you have post pic of you guys..like to check them out

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the site

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Congrats also!!! Hope to see as pix of your RBs!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
2 is usually not a good number for p's. For non solitary p's. 3+ piranhas in a shoal is recommended.

the 2 have a high possiblilty of fighting and killing each other.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
acidsurvivor said:
2 is usually not a good number for p's. For non solitary p's. 3+ piranhas in a shoal is recommended.

the 2 have a high possiblilty of fighting and killing each other.
True, but he only has a 20 gallon tank

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Welcome home!

No more than 2 Ps in a 20g!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.