Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Man he is GI-NORMOUS. Absolutly awesome.... wow. Now the bad news. I can't get any pics till sunday AS i gotta go to a wedding tommorow(buddy of mine). But SUNDAY, I will post as soon as I am home! Now the Question. The big boys can't jump can they? I have no top on the tank, don't like the looks of them on my BIG tanks(saltwater excepted). I have never had any onf mine even come close, but would the big one? Do i need to get something to cover it (welfarly) for the weekend? Gimme a hand if you would good sirs! And good name idea's too?
 

·
Bean Power!
Joined
·
8,911 Posts
Damn right they can jump. And a 14 inch pygo is a powerful fish! You really want to take that chance? Get something, anything on top. I would hate to hear you found that bad boy dried up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I draped a flag over about 75% of the tanks, It's Quasi Summerged, but not going anywhere, And it allows some light to get through. Then the other 25% has flotaing driftwood, that should be ok, yes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I would just invest in a glass top for your tank.It's cheap insurance when it comes to expensive fish.Plus it cuts your evaporation rate down to near nothing.Besides I had a friend who had some really nice reds some time ago.He had raised them from dime sized little pints.He never believed in putting tops on his tanks either until his wife accidently while painting the room dripped a SINGLE drop of paint in his 200 gallon and killed all 10 reds within a day.Do you and your excellent new Piraya a favor and get a glas tp for your tank.
 

·
OPEFE
Joined
·
10,249 Posts
Yeap, they can jump, do something soon...!
 

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
i agree with the others a big piraya is worth too much to shortchange it
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top