Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i get my diamond rhom tomorrow around 6 hes flying in from BC now today after i had 63galaxie come pic up my reds i was doing a water change and stepped on one half of my top for my tank and well it broke so NOW i ordered another top but its not in till friday...how do i stop my cat from being eaten lol

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ware u live??
just wonderin how far the fish is being shipped kinda cold out aint it?
o_O wuh?
[/quote]

no kidding....he doesnt make sense to me LOL........cueball he said be broke his top, not nothing about how cold it is for his fish being shipped...........your tank will be fine w/o a top dude...no need to worry...had a tank in my basement here set-up for 2-3 months...never had a top on it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Would cardboard work? Just cover the top and tape it down if you have to. Just a cheap suggestion.

Doubt that the cat would jump/fall into the water anyway, most cats I've ever seen try to avoid contact with water as much as possible.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
same here iceman but good point its like maybe -3 here and i dont know about tomorrow but when i pick him up its an hour drive home will he make it and what should i do to make sure he will survive the ride?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
same here iceman but good point its like maybe -3 here and i dont know about tomorrow but when i pick him up its an hour drive home will he make it and what should i do to make sure he will survive the ride?
Uhhh... put him by the heater.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
well he will most likely be in his sedation stage still a bit.....an hour drive isnt that long of a way, he will still be all packaged up, make sure your ride isnt cold (its -40 here) and so no problems with that -3 stuff.....he should be fine man...no need to worry

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok its a big ass box for a little toyota corola and its an 11" rhom thats coming so any other ideas by any chance?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ok its a big ass box for a little toyota corola and its an 11" rhom thats coming so any other ideas by any chance?
you wouldnt really need any other ideas man...its not like they're going to put him in a 5ft x 5ft box.....your fish will be totally fine man, they had pro's packaging him

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow the most assurance ive had ever has come from you iceman lol thanks dude ill make sure you get the sneak peak pics

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Plexi glass or a piece of plywood would work also and be more durable then cardboard.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Plexi glass or a piece of plywood would work also and be more durable then cardboard.
that would definatly work...but if you dont have sources around you..just toss up some cardboard for the mean time...its not like your making it a show tank right now and it needs pics to be taken for a magazine...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
YA your cat should be fine. Mine likes to drink the water. Mabe someday she might get pinched but so far so good. My only worrys with the cardboard is the cat might think it is safe to walk on then you might end up with a cat in your tank. Good Luck with your trip tommorow. I can't wait to see some pics.

Rick James

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Definately take pics of the cat in the tank :laugh:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no man i hope my cat doesnt end up in the tank hes always trying to drink the water next to my fish hes my other baby lol hes 21 lbs nice and big!!! lol but yeah it would be a funny pic wouldnt it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts