Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
3'' is perfect IMO, but if you dont have cichlids or live plants, then a more shallow gravel bed will help keep your tank cleaner and wont harbour as many "nasties".

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
3'' is perfect IMO, but if you dont have cichlids or live plants, then a more shallow gravel bed will help keep your tank cleaner and wont harbour as many "nasties".
Actually with live plants, 3" is about the shallowest I would recommend going. A lot of times if you are doing a lot of aquascaping you may get anywhere up to 7" deep to get the right look.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Agreed ^^^

If your tank is not planted, then any depth is fine. However, if you are going to have a planted tank then 3" - 7" will be needed. Personally, I have a 3" mixed gravel bed.

G

·
Actually with live plants, 3" is about the shallowest I would recommend going. A lot of times if you are doing a lot of aquascaping you may get anywhere up to 7" deep to get the right look.
[/quote]

Well its hard to judge...I usually had about an inch at the front then near 7 inches mounded up against the back of the tank, where my larger plants were. The old "depth" trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.