Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some siphons today and I noticed there’s a couple different types of end on them (the end that goes into the gravel). Does 1 type work better then the next?

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
To what different kinds are you refering?

The only way I like to do it is with a long high density plastic tube attached to the siphon hose and you jab that thing down into the gravel over and over, moving it around the tank.

I've completely switched to sand however, but that's how I used to always do it.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
I recomend this kind of vacuum python "no spin" you can get them from walmart..it cheaper then LFS store or other petshop. it about 25th feet long, you can but long tube to add more to it if 25feet still no to long.

Attachments

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
cool wuz one of them puppys cost?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with 2p2f, go with a python. It works great, and the standard lenght is 25'. However, if you need a longer hose you can add an extension of 25' to it very easy.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
or you can be really cheap like me and make one with a piece of garden hose and attach a 20 ounce pop bottle to the end and cut the bottom off.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
You can do that to. But the ends of the pop bottle would be rigid and sharp and I wouldn't wanna use that just incase my P freaks out and cuts him self just my Opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts