• Almost all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a curious question:
I do it with every water change... My guy doesnt like to keep his place clean so i gotta do it myself

·
OPEFE
10,250 Posts
Every week when i do tank water change!

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
every week in my water change because my p's don't eat all of their bloodworms and brine shrimp all the time

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Im a lazy ass at times.. either a week, or a week and a half!! Water change every, week though!!

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
Im a little confused here. When I vacuum the gravel, thats what I consider a water change, cause I syphon out like 25% of the water when doing so. I do this once a week.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
giovanni82 said:
Im a little confused here. When I vacuum the gravel, thats what I consider a water change, cause I syphon out like 25% of the water when doing so. I do this once a week.
ditto

·
Dodge City
10,206 Posts
I think as long as you're taking water out , you might as well be taking all the trash you can and vacuum at the same time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
winkyee said:
I think as long as you're taking water out , you might as well be taking all the trash you can and vacuum at the same time.
exactly. Im quite the lazy guy too, and when i heard i had to vacume the tank, and do water changes, i was like damn for a bunch of fish this is gonna be some maintenance. Then i realized it can be done at the same time, whoever thought of that is amazing

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I siphon my gravel every week, but I'm thinking about every 3 days because there is so much waste that within a week. Also I do a 10g waterchange daily.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
once a week

·
Registered
491 Posts
I do half the gravel every week during my water change. I heard that you can destroy some of the bacteria if you mix it up too much. I'm shure that it's not that much being destroyed though because most people do the whole thing at once

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
bgshortys said:
I do half the gravel every week during my water change. I heard that you can destroy some of the bacteria if you mix it up too much
Very true.. Try and never dig more than 3" deep when vaccuming gravel. Even though it does get dirty and looks filthy, taking out all waste eliminates most/some bacteria that helps the biological balance throughout the tank.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Like most of the others who have posted in this topic, i vacuum every time i change the water...I 2 am lazy and this just seems to be the easiest way to kill 2 feeders with 1 fish

1 - 20 of 20 Posts