Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I tut my 2 small oscars 3" and 4" in my 75gallon for temp housing 3 days ago. Their 10gallon was taken over by two 3 1/2" Pink Convicts (congo's) in my atemp to breed them.
They have less than 7" after putting the egg-crate divider in place withing the 75gallon.
Been busy the psat few days so all I could do was feed and then quick clean with my net.
Just went to check on my nine rbp's and ALL of them are missing more or less 30% of their fins due to nipping at each other!

The oscars freaking them out?
I like my oscars and I'll be getting a 20gallon soon for them but not till next friday 'cause I'm broke atm...

Dropped the temp 2degrees to 78-79degrees.
Any insight? Suggestions?

**Damn, them oscars are throwing my parems out of whack. Why the hell they eat so much!?!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
how big are your p's...and yeah probably that could be a problem...they got less room and theres 9 of them, meaning more bunched up and owning territory and what not...drop it a couple more degree's

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
for now i wouls say drop temp a VERY little...feed your reds a little more then norm....and if you can give them a hair more room by pushing the oscars over a bit...

other then that i dont know of anything else you could do

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
dividers seem to stress the sh*t out of reds. And 9 in a 75, with a divider on top of that, then 2 oscars. Bound to be some type of bbad go wrong. I say dump the convict project, and a couple of those P's

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Get a bigger tank ASAP or get rid of some of your p's...it to much in 75g..you should have 3-4 max in 75g. soon or later you will lose some p's due it stress for less room.

for now, lower your temp, take your decoration out, make some room for them.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with 2p2f, there is too much going on in your 75g tank right now. You need to thin out your red shoal, and remove the two oscars and divider.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be getting a 155gallon long around christmas. 78" long.
If I can somehow keep htese settings going till then, It's good.
I'll drop the temp a bit more and feed more often.
If that don't help, I'll probably have Big Al's babysit my oscars for a price.
I really like 'em oscars...

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan. At least it is not much longer until Christmas. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a solid plan. At least it is not much longer until Christmas. Good luck!
I'm gonna need as much luck as I can find!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
get a babysitter for the oscars

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree with Inflade, that the best way would be to get a babysitter for them for the next few weeks. That would decrease the overall stress on all of the fish.

If you can not find a friend, or a LFS that could house them for two/three weeks then you will need some luck on your side.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
dude, seriously, put the convicts in with the reds, and the oscars back in the other tank, And remove the divider. Which fish are most importannt to you?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dude, seriously, put the convicts in with the reds, and the oscars back in the other tank, And remove the divider. Which fish are most importannt to you?
I've already tried putting the cons in with the reds.
The cons are a bit larger than the reds.
They chase the reds around all day. I'd say thats too much stress for the P's right there.
More important?
The reds. then the oscars and cons are tied.
I really like the pink cons.
I can't find them anywhere over 4" at all the pet stores I've been to. Thats why I don't/can't get rid of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts