Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a powerhead: maxi-jet 600.

question: i stick on the "prefilter grid" correct? as opposed to the "undergravel filter and adapter end cap."
what do i do with it?

question: i point the outlet diagnally towards the surface of the water?

question: the control valve outside of the water? the tube seems short. so the powerhead is supposed to be pretty close to the surface?

ill ask more in a few ty

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
All I use my Maxi Jets is the pre-filter grid , it sticks on under the impeller chamber. As for the placement of the powerhead ... I like the "bubbles" (although not necessary) so I place my powerhead far enough down on the side of my tank so that the control valve is just above the water and I "aim" the flow diagonally (but this is a personal preference). If you don't want the "bubbles" you can place the powerhead further down in the tank so that it creates a current in the lower part of your tank. How big of a tank is this powerhead for?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the lower i place the powerhead in the tank, the more i cant see the bubbles or anything? is it still working? when i place my hand in front of the jet while its down there i feel a current but when i turn the control valve i dont feel a difference? is it just me or what?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
get an aquaclear. I love them and they have filter attachments for them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
pinchy said:
get an aquaclear. I love them and they have filter attachments for them.
[snapback]841493[/snapback]​
hes not asking for suggestions on which powerhead to buy, he has one already.

the maxi jet will work properly if its put together properly...follow the instructions carefully, i found its a bit tricky the way they word some things in the manual...but still not too difficult... when the aeration tube is open the bubbles coming out will be visible, more so as you open the tube further...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lex said:
hes not asking for suggestions on which powerhead to buy, he has one already.

the maxi jet will work properly if its put together properly...follow the instructions carefully, i found its a bit tricky the way they word some things in the manual...but still not too difficult... when the aeration tube is open the bubbles coming out will be visible, more so as you open the tube further...
[snapback]841627[/snapback]​
i put it together properly. im just concerned that when it is placed near the bottom of the tank where i want it, there are no bubbles and it seems that i am not in control of the flow.

wheras closer to the top of the tank, there are bubbles and i can noticable control them

maybe it has something to do with be streaching the air tube or something.

but my ps are enjoying it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.