Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 180 tank on friday night and stayed up till 2 in the morning setting it all up... Well worth it. I'm getting a digi camara in a week or so, I'll for sure post some pictures. Any ways I have a couple of questions... I have 3 Aqua Clear 500's on it and two Hagen 402 power heads. One at each end. I am getting 20 quarter sized red bellies to start it out and keep the ones I like the most. What do you guys think about the power heads? I have about 10 two inch gold fish in the tank to help it get ready when I plan on adding the reds in about two weeks. This morning a gold fish stuck in the power head.. Sucked right up it, head first! Stupid fish LOL!!! I don't want this to happen to the reds. How should I prevent this?? Also with the cycling I am using Stress Zyme for the first time... Should two weeks be ok? Like I said I have some gold fish in there to help too. I was pretty sure the two weeks were good enough. Thanks for the help!! Jake

·
Registered
696 Posts
Get the prefilter for the powerhead. Costs like 5-6 bucks or so. Well worth it, very well worth it. As for cycling get bio-spira and it will cycle in 1 day.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
YOu have good filteration, electric consumming, but good. Another good alternative is getting an AC 901 on one side facing the other, with the AC 500 at the end. (waterflow and deadspot filteration) Plus a prefilter for the powerhead to stop your feeders from committing suicide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.