Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Here in my country December is synonymous with fireworks and gunpowder, specially on the 24th and of course, on the 31st, if you go out on Jan 1st after 12am youll see that most streets are covered in what appears to be fog but is actually smoke from all the fireworks people set off, it's very nice. Anyways, this year me and my friends didn't feel like spending too much dough so we only got a few, here are some pics:

Flooring Creative arts Magenta Fashion accessory Basket

Wood Flooring Shipping box Household supply Event

The purple ones are called Hulks (or king kongs, depends on the brand) and are some of the most powerful ones you can buy, they can do some serious damage. The brown, shady looking ones are called pinocchios, they are a little more powerful than the hulks(both are ilegal). The rest are things you can get anywhere, except for the 5 inch mortar ball which is professional grade stuff, here you can get anything as long as you have the cash, they even had 8 inch mortars. We also got a bunch of smaller firecrackers that are not in the pics.

Here's a video we took two days ago, it starts off slow but you can see some nice explosions later on, including one of a TV we found on the street and half a Tinkerbell pi-ata, hahaha:
blowing sh*t up

Do you have any of your own? do you have a stash ready for new year's eve? if so, show them off!

Attachments

·
Registered
19,242 Posts
I usually save some of my 4th of july fireworks I get from the indian reservation firework city and let them off on the new years.
Asshole-I miss the indian res-N e thing can found there-legal or illegal-I use to get my on the Auburn res-Damn that brings back memories-thanks back-

On another note-it's just not worth the time nor the money to do it up here really-Only time to even remotely enjoy them would be new years-But I'll just watch what others set off!!!

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your president is an insane dictator and an enemy of the U.S. please assasinate him with a bottle rocket.

thank you and God bless America
Actually, he's an anemy of everything that's good in this world, not just the US. You guys should send a sniper team down here and take care of him, bring a barret so there's no chance of him surviving.

·
Banned
9,411 Posts
oh man...please dont show me fireworks in december...jesus god in heaven...last year we did just under 1300lbs of 1.4g fireworks. on the 3rd and the 4th of july. we had more than 25 shell kits, with 600 shells total and well over 1,000 breaks. we had over 45 500g cakes total and well over 100 200g cakes, i can't remember how many roman candles, but lets just say 400 for a rough estimate. i think i had about 160 bottle rockets...i mean, we went crazy...this year we're going even more wild, im planning on doubling my stash from 400lbs to 800lbs, and at wholesale prices, its pretty much a 1.50-2.00 a lb as long as you buy the big stuff. i plan on a LOT more shells this year, and i might even drive to PA to grab some excaliburs, and then stop in NJ to grab some black mambas...then its CT to get my SnM supply and i'll have in excess of 1000 of the best shells money can legally buy.

im also planning on training for an ATF explosives permit, and a permit for the state of massachusetts to shoot display fireworks (1.3g) legally. which means i'll be able to buy up to a 6" salute shell and a 16" display shell legally. hopefully that falls through. i've been talking to several pyro companies who are going to let me "intern" to help the shoots they do on a yearly basis starting in the May 07 timeframe.

one more thing...im definately getting one of these.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy sh*t man, how much money did you blow on that???

·
Banned
9,411 Posts
the total order last year was 2450 or so dollars. of which i contributed about 500-600. and rbjx bought like 600 worth as well...but i've got a few more connections this year, so we're looking at an order of 25,000 dollars or so. and at wholesale, the more you buy, the more you save. those 16,000 firecracker wheels will be about 30 bucks, a case of 80 or so shells is like 80 dollars. a buck a shell basically. 500g cakes are in the 15-20 dollar range at most...it gets pretty damn cheap...lol.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the total order last year was 2450 or so dollars. of which i contributed about 500-600. and rbjx bought like 600 worth as well...but i've got a few more connections this year, so we're looking at an order of 25,000 dollars or so. and at wholesale, the more you buy, the more you save. those 16,000 firecracker wheels will be about 30 bucks, a case of 80 or so shells is like 80 dollars. a buck a shell basically. 500g cakes are in the 15-20 dollar range at most...it gets pretty damn cheap...lol.
Those prices are sweet man, here it's more expensive, that wheel in the pic costed me like 20$, dunno how many firecrackers it had but I doubt it's more than a thousand.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Back home in the Phils, it is customary to celebrate New Year's Eve w/ explosives..er, I mean fireworks. As a kid, we made a "fire cracker hammer". It was made w/ an iron bike "step nut", some wide rubber bands, and a 3 foot long iron bar bent into an "L" shape. We'd load the step nut with gun powder patties (about 15 or so), set it in place, then hammer the f*ck into the pavement or into a concrete wall. Sometimes the blast would be so intense, you'd actually feel the hot air from the explosion and sometimes the rubber bands would be shredded. But it was fun. Fireckrackers there came in names such as "Baby Dynamite" (which was actually a 4 1/2 inch stick of gun powder!) & Whistling Bomb( which we detached from it's pole and set on the ground so it would wildly zigzag on the street and you just hope it wouldnt explode on your feet!)

At the height of the celebrations, the streets would be like a war zone, all filled and choked with smoke, and exploding firecrackers all around. In the morning, there would be tons of trash from the firecrackers littering the streets. And you'd also see the occasional spent shell from a .45, .38, or a 5.56mm. Sometimes we'd get lucky and find unspent rounds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.