Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i was advised to get another rbp as i have only two at the moment.
Got one this afty, all three are babys about 1.5"-2" long.

Obviously still very small but cant wait for them to grow, what is the growth rate anyone please?????

Thanks

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
yeah they grow rapidy i have had mine since .5 and they are 3-4inches now and its only been 4 months since i've had them..but as wes said it all depend on the fish ..some grow quicker the others

·
Registered
829 Posts
PIRANHA KING said:
congrats, they should be 5"-6" within the year. however it does vary and i have no scientific proof.
wes
i've had mine almost a year, got them small, and yea they are about 5 inches.. i imagine it depends on how much and what you feed them as well!

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I got my three reds in Jan and they were around 1.5", they are now about 5". They have slowed down though.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
It really depends on how active your p's are and how much you feed them, I think the growth rate varies quite a bit,because everybody setups their own habitat, following some of the must have rules such as temp and ph. Also not over or under feeding the piranhas.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Just like all the replies.. it varies with different Ps. Feeding, excercise and water conditions can help your Ps grow bigger and faster than the average spurt. A fry to 5-6" can be accomplished with 5 months to a yr.. anything after that is a slow steady pace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts