Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of custom making an ash stand for my new 106 gallon tank. I will post pics of everything when I am done, and a price list, but for now ill post a pic of the base, and a pic of the ash that I am using.

Now I need to buy lights, filters, heaters and all of that other fun stuff for it.

I was just curious if I went to Menards and bought two 24" shop lights and put fish tank bulbs in it, if it would be ok? Or would I have to just go out and buy the regular hood light for it?If the shop lights will work I am going to build a top for it and cover it in ash so it all blends in. Well I guess I will cover it no matter what light I get because I think the oak covering looks like crap. What kind of bulbs would you recommend for this?

I also need to buy a filter. I was thinking about either going with the Fluval 404 or the Magnum 350 Pro or go with two Emperor's that are 400 gph each.

What would you recommend for a power filter? How many gph for a 106 gallon tank? I am going to put sand in the bottom.

And good heaters for this size tank that you would recommend?

Thanks for the help ahead of time! ~Todd

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still no help???

I figured out the light question, so if anybody could help me out with the rest id appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts