·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
thats pretty cool ..it had it own personality..it does tricks

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
piranha45 said:
PACK says its a trick... altho it doesnt say anywhere on the thread that it is... anyway...
i was joking around.............. it probably had something wrong with its bladder or its dying

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Confirms my stance caribe are insane!

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Maybe the fish just got tired of swimming...give the poor fish a break...

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
looks like he had problems with his swim bladder but when my angel was internal bleeding he would be on the top of the tank like that or on the bottom he is slowly dying it looks like.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Hey guys, this fish is perfectly 'normal' (well, normal
)

His owner, Carl (Lophius), had posted similar pictures some months earlier on fishpost.com: it's just a little act of playing dead, even though that fish has found his own very special, and convincing way of doing so

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
AHHH.. The "play dead" piranha... Cariba!!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
yep carl (lophius) has said it has done this since he bought it a few months ago it is just playing dead i have seen this fish as carl picked up my piraya from the airport for me and it was acting perfectly normal .
carl has an amazing set of tanks with all sorts of piranha and other fish very nice bloke also
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ive heard that they do tranqualize them and do a couple preparations to every P before shipping them out. Im sure that the Ps go on a fasting (not eatting) process for 2 days before they're shipped to help reduce stress.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
they are tranqualized before shipping and not fed as the tranq relaxes the fish and makes them expel more waste and in bags this is bad .also this is why you should never add shipped fishes bag water to your tank
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
First time i saw it i though it was swim bladder disease, still, if you say it´s just playing...BRAVO!!!...not many Ps can do that...and the Oscar goes to...!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts