Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are everyones thoughts on a decient first car. and would you guys blow your whole wad on a fisrt car or get a shitty one for cheap and save up for a nice seccond car??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got like 6 thousan right now. i could get one for 500-1500 and run the hell out of it for maybe two years then i should have like 7 or 8 thousan saved up. i dont know sh*t about cars. but i think mustangs are pretty sweet and my friend has a spider that i like. is an olds or a caddy a good starteer car?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'd go with a beater if I were you. If you buy a $600 dollar car and it runs for 6 months, you're doing great. $600 is probably 2 and a half months worth of payments for a decent car. So, if you can keep the $600 dollar car running for more than 2 and 1/2 months you're doin pretty good.

This gives me an idea for a new thread.

Welcome to car-fury

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
tyourkie66 said:
i got like 6 thousan right now. i could get one for 500-1500 and run the hell out of it for maybe two years then i should have like 7 or 8 thousan saved up. i dont know sh*t about cars. but i think mustangs are pretty sweet and my friend has a spider that i like. is an olds or a caddy a good starteer car?
get like a used RX-7 they go for 1500'ish for the year that i like. Or a camaro or a mustang.

·
Registered
155 Posts
6grand can get you a decent vehicle, im one of these people that believe you should get a decent vehicle to start with so your not going down the road and the thing fucks up on you. Get something that isnt to old or has to many miles, hasnt been in an accident(can find this out by researching the car title) and just runs great when you test drive it. Just my opinion tho.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Any car can f*#k up on you when you're going down the road, new or used. Cars are kinda like a time bomb. Sooner or later somethings gonna go wron. And it's usually at the most inopportune time.

·
Look into my eyes!
7,560 Posts
Buy any 80's B-body (Bonneville, caprice, parissienne, etc etc). Most come with 305s, while it is not fast, it will take a lot to kill it. Plus it's RWD
it's huge
and insurence is really REALLY cheap on them.

Edit: The hood also makes a great platform for shooting satrun missle batteries or artilery shells off of, just make sure your in the car!

·
Registered
384 Posts
:nod: get a toyota truck 4x4 with the 2.2 liter motor by far the best motor they ever made I have an 86 4x4 extended cab with 178,865 miles and it still running strong put it in the mud every chance i get

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
tinyteeth said:
your first car should be as cheap is it can, drive the f*ck outta it and buy a new one later.
yup, beter to go thru 20 $1,00 dollar cars than one $20,000 dollar car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.