Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, you guys have got to try this. I put a golf ball in my tank a couple days ago and my P's went nuts. The dominant one would not stop trying to attack it. I had to put in another one because my other P wanted one too. Now they each have one that they've put in their territory. It almost reminds me of one time when I was young and went to the zoo here in town. There were these buffaloe there that had these huge metal balls that they pushed around all day. It looks exactly the same only the P's try to bite them. Try it out, I've had hours of amusement since I did it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they're not stressed at all. It's just all fun and games for them. I find it to be very humerous watching them nudge the balls around with their heads. Give it try and you'll see what I mean. Just remember that my P's aren't babies anymore... a small fish wouldn't even bother with them.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
:laugh:
thats to funny! that must look preety cool, just make sure that they don't ram it to hard into the glass i heard a simular story on a cichlid site and someone replied not to use a golf ball but to use a ping pong ball you lower the water 4-5'' and drop in a ping pong ball and they keep popping it up to the canope hehehe

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Sounds cool!!! Im goonna try that. It'll be fuin seeing them play around instead of just chill'in. Some of my guys really do need excercise.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i have a snail shell in my tank, it's about 2"s long, and a bright color. I notice that my p's quite often try to nudge it... I always figured that they thought it was a live snail, and were trying to flip it over for a tasty meal

maybe they think the golf ball is a snail as well?

do p's eat snails in the wild?

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i used to add reds coloured balls that float to my oscars tank i had and they used to play with those always.never heard of it with p's though but sounds good.
dixon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.