Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had to take my golds from the 75 they were in and put them in a 40 gal how long can 3 gold live in a 40 before they start killing each other they are 7",5",4"

my 75 is at a different house and i went there today and 1 of them is missing it didnt get eaten or jump out so all i can think is that 1 of the people that live there stole it to sell it cuz hes a broke bastard and he knows where to sell fish so thats my only conclusion

i cant have the 75 here with me so i had to put them in a 40 so they wouldent get stolen

stealing fish? how sad who steals fish?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
One word.. "GHETTO"!! Stealing fish for money is low!!They're really too big for that tank, so the best thing to do for them to survive is getting them a divider. If you want, you cant try to house all of them in there, lowering the temp and surveying them for an hr. Good Luck man!!

·
Registered
19,249 Posts
Your fish coulve gotten killed and eaten. I suspect you will have a problem REAL soon with these fish so if you want to keep all of them, do something fast to prevent them from killin each other. A 40g for that size spilo is waaaaay to small and will lead to some bad things.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just keep an eye on them, its kinda a toss up if one was eaten or sold (laugh). If you see a lot of aggression toward each other just get some plexiglass from a hardware store and make some dividers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is no way the one could have gotten eaten they have had plenty of food and was just fine the day before and when i went too look at them yesterday there would have been peaces,bones or a skull left in the tank and there was nothing and i mesured them last night and 1 of them is smaller than i had before so i think that one was switched also my 2 smallest ones were the exsact same size no more than a week ago theres no way one of them could have grown an inch in a week

i know the tank is small for them but in a week if i cant have the 75 here with me im moving so i can have it here but ive been watching them and they seem to be doing ok so far but im gonna keep watching them just in case i hope it all works out for the fish

i love them fish ive had them scince they were 1.5 in. big so im just hoping

·
OPEFE
9,941 Posts
Better use a divider, don't risk your gold!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i already did everything you said MAD except the divider they seen to be doing nicely

but i have run into a huge problem the whole reson i went to that house is to get a rohm that i had over there so a guy that wanted to buy it could see it now i havent herd from the guy now i have in in a bucket with no where to put it

·
OPEFE
9,941 Posts
Sorry, better luck next time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.