Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave 3 2-inch RPB's and I'm interested in buying some 3 2-inch Gold Spilos and putting them in the same tank. I have a 75 gallon tank. Will these two species get along at all? Or should I just go with one species or another?

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
The 3 golds you put in there will kill off the reds faster than you can say "f*ck!"

And then the golds will likely kill each other off shortly thereafter.

One or two people here have schools of golds tho, look for a hot anime chick with enormous breasts who goes by the name of Insinuasian, she seems to have the best schooling success.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Gold spilos are solatery fish and usually will not tolerate living with other fish - even other golds!!!

the 3" ones may or may not be OK with 2" ones - nobody can say for sure, it would be better to get some the same size

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
yeah spilos will first nip at the fins then eat them eventually ..don't do it..won't work out...asn welcome to the best damn piranha site on the net...nice sign innes

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
try a mixs pygo ...cariba ,ternitzi,piraya

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
thePACK said:
yeah spilos will first nip at the fins then eat them eventually ..don't do it..won't work out...asn welcome to the best damn piranha site on the net...nice sign innes
Yea really.....I was watching my Spilo eat Rosey Reds and he'll fist bite off all their fins so they can't swim....some will sink to the bottom some will float. Either way once their fins are gone he will grab them and shake real hard till he tears them in half.

Welcome to the site FISHYFISHY

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is a bad idea to mix spilos (golds) with anything other than spilos. Go with the mixed Pygos or just Reds.

Welcome to the board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts