Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 2 minutes ago I put my cf in with my golds. I felt that the temp tank he was in was far too small. I didnt know when I could get a bigger tank so I put him in my 180 with my golds. We will see how it goes.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thePACK said:
good luck..keep us updated.....
Yeah, I definately will. After 5 minutes all seem to be getting used to each other. I have been watching them very closely. As yet, I have had trouble keeping track of which one is the cf. They are all about the same size, and the cf has lost his coloring due to stress.

I hate to say it, but this is what beer does. HaHaHa, I probly would have not done this if I was not already down 6 beers. LoL. Well, we will see, and im off to the store to get another 6 pack so that I can watch my new school. More updates to come.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to double post, but since this is my topic I will take the liberty to do so.

I would like to note that after 12 minuts of introducing the cf, he is already suffereing from fin nips. Despite the fact that he is at least a half inch bigger in size then the rest of the golds.

~Dj

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All is good. The corner store is only 4 blocks away.

The cf is getting low in tail fin. I am starting to worry about it. At first I thought it would be the other way around. Perhaps the cf taking out a gold or two. I guess the cf doesnt really know how to adapt to schooling life.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hmm...do u have a large rubbermaid container? fill it up with some of the 180 water and put ur CF in it then get a battery powered airpump into it.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<y cf is pretty beat up. However I think that he might make it through the night. Im going to keep my fingers crossed and see what happends. More updates to come.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
piranha 13 said:
Hmm...do u have a large rubbermaid container? fill it up with some of the 180 water and put ur CF in it then get a battery powered airpump into it.
Why? He still has his old tank. Even though it may be to small, its far better than the rubbermaid. Anyway, good luck DJ, keep us informed, hope all goes well.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Interesting...keep us updated!

·
Got Rice?&#33;?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This CF is starting to stake out his claim to the corner of my 180. At first he was getting picked on by the other spilos. Now that its been a whole day since he has been in, I have seen an increase in the amount of fin nips on my golds. I am starting to get worried about this guy. I would hate to loose a fish, just because I wanted to try to school these guys. I will let them stay together for now, but if there are any serious injuries I will have a CF for sale in the LA area. Anyone interested in possibly picking up one bad ass CF that has made Bit#hes out of my school of 10 gold spilos?

~Dj

·
Got Rice?&#33;?
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tinyteeth said:
ive been doing this for almost a week now, so far so good, good luck inu
What type of fish and how many do you have in your school? What size are they?

~Dj

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Take some pics of them shoaling together while you can. I think that he'll hold his own in that tank if they don't gang up on him. Those Cf's are pretty mean. I hope it all works out for you.

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts