Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed since I put the GOld Spilo in the tank my Pleco seems to be more tattered. His tail and his fins are being trimmed constantly. I never see it I just see the end result. WIll I be able to keep a Pleco with my SPilo???

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I never owned a spilo, but based on what I read I have to say "no", because usually the pleco gets killed. And it always starts with nips...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I would move it.
Their are no guarentees with piranhas, but all tankmates are potentially on the menu.

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I have a pleco in with my spilo, the pleco is bigger than him, and his tail is still all nipped to hell. I would say if you care about your pleco, or anything else for that matter, don't mix.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have 2 plecos 1 is in my tank w/my gold spilos i have 4 of them 4-7 inches and my pleco is just fine with them its been in there for like 6 months and doing fine also my other pleco is in my red belly tank with 9 of them ranging from 7-10.5inches and its also doing fine its been with the reds for like a year so from my own experiace id say it would be fine in with them but i did have a pleco that was smaller than my spilos and the killed it so just make sure the pleco is bigger than your spilos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.