Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gf and i are going to boston for 4 days in february to visit my sister (she's finishing law school). im just wondering if there is anything we should check out...or somewhere good to eat...or any good bars, etc.

i might go to a bruins game...i havent decided yet.

thanks for any input :D

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
my gf and i are going to boston for 4 days in february to visit my sister (she's finishing law school). im just wondering if there is anything we should check out...or somewhere good to eat...or any good bars, etc.

i might go to a bruins game...i havent decided yet.

thanks for any input :D
Bruins game for sure, see if the leafs or habs will be there

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
you bringing carmen with you?

Boston is rubbish come to New York
new york, lets see, more expensive, way overly massive, the only plus i can think of is the closing time of bars, but there's a lot of sight seeing in boston, and the people are less dickheadish than they are in new york. spots to hit up, union oyster house, capital grill...best T stops in boston are north station, government center, copley, DEFINATELY kenmore...if you get off at kenmore, fenway has the hot spots for clubs, both boylston st and lansdown are right next to the stadium, and there are tons of clubs on both of those. beyond that, i believe its newbury st, there's a cocktail bar set between two of the high end designer stores, really classy, i'll try and get the name (i go into boston maybe once every two weeks) next time im down there.

BTW, the prudential center has a decent restaraunt that revolves on like the 60thish floor or whatever...KILLER views of the bay...

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
you could always watch the leafs stomp them 10-2.............. oh wait that already happened this year

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
you bringing carmen with you?

Boston is rubbish come to New York
new york, lets see, more expensive, way overly massive, the only plus i can think of is the closing time of bars, but there's a lot of sight seeing in boston, and the people are less dickheadish than they are in new york. spots to hit up, union oyster house, capital grill...best T stops in boston are north station, government center, copley, DEFINATELY kenmore...if you get off at kenmore, fenway has the hot spots for clubs, both boylston st and lansdown are right next to the stadium, and there are tons of clubs on both of those. beyond that, i believe its newbury st, there's a cocktail bar set between two of the high end designer stores, really classy, i'll try and get the name (i go into boston maybe once every two weeks) next time im down there.

BTW, the prudential center has a decent restaraunt that revolves on like the 60thish floor or whatever...KILLER views of the bay...
[/quote]
New York > Boston

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
negative...

anyway, BU is a pretty big campus, it's located a few blocks from fenway, that's a really bumping area, lots of colleges within a really small area.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well my gf is coming with me...and we're meeting my wild sister...so imsure we'll have a good time. i think ill have to go to the Betty Ford Clinic on my way home.lol

·
8,405 Posts
Deffinitely check out The New England Aquarium....

I was there in 04 with the news station I used to work with for the DNC

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the aquarium sounds pretty good. i thought i read somewhere about the new england aquarium. ill put that on my list.

i missed out on the atlanta aquarium when i was there because there were 4 hour lineups just to get in.lol

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
yeah, there are no lines at the NE aquarium...in-fact, they're really starving for visitors, i think they went bankrupt like 2 years ago or something like that. they have a MASSIVE ocean tank...like 250,000 gallons or something like that.

oh, one more thing, if you dont mind a little walk from north station (the TD banknorth garden, aka fleetcenter), the north end of boston contains some of the best restaraunts around. i highly recommend hitting up pizzaria reginas in the north end, maybe the best pizza in the world.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts