Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, no problems with bow, bullseye at 40 yards usually. Were thinking rifle, but timing is real bad for work, and we want the thrill of bow...

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
lol try to get one close to where you park the truck, they are huge and bitch to pack out of thick mountainous terain.. usually guys try to set up a hunting camp so they can hang them and quarter them to make it easier to pack them out..

bring a hand gun its not un common to attract mountain lions when your doing elk calls, its a good idea to have protection from a cat on the prowl..

better get off a good shot those elk are massive and can take a beating, my buddy was driving home from work one day and stiopped to let a herd cross teh road, well a guy coming the other way thought he would be able to drive through a gap inteh herd but a massive adult jumped out in front of him, teh guy hit the elk which then flew across the road and landed on my buddies car crushing the hood and leaving a big nose print on teh windshield then it got up and ran off.. f**ked up two cars and kept going

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Bow would give yourself bragging rights forever. Anyone can kill a F'n car sized elk from 300 yards.

As for advice, kill it!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
you have to have a fuc*en great shot to hit a elk with a bow 30.06 or 7mm is the way to go. B fuc*en careful when shooting a 7mm they go about 4-5 mile

Or you can ram it with your car.

The car is the best way to go

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
you have to have a fuc*en great shot to hit a elk with a bow 30.06 or 7mm is the way to go. B fuc*en careful when shooting a 7mm they go about 4-5 mile

Or you can ram it with your car.

The car is the best way to go
best advice ever and not a single use of bad language.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Woo-Hoo...Sept 15th, 2007, archery, in Colorado...

Anyone been before, any advice?
One of my good buddies just got back from 2 weeks out there. They got themselves a 500lb cow. You paid out the nose for the permit as well?

·
5,336 Posts
dont shoot the first thing you see, patience is a virtue... i would assume this is a guided trip? why not come to montana or idaho?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My advice? Don't wear a shearling coat and if you see Dick Cheny out hunting give him a wide berth!

Good luck on the hunt and definately getting one with a bow will give you mad bragging rights.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont shoot the first thing you see, patience is a virtue... i would assume this is a guided trip? why not come to montana or idaho?
That's awesome, man. Guided trip, yeah, but I know a guy who's gone to idaho 3 times with no luck, and another who just came back no luck. We're going with the odds of a good chance of getting a hopeful shot, so we're hitting CO, largest elk herd in the country...

·
5,336 Posts
That's awesome, man. Guided trip, yeah, but I know a guy who's gone to idaho 3 times with no luck, and another who just came back no luck. We're going with the odds of a good chance of getting a hopeful shot, so we're hitting CO, largest elk herd in the country...
[/quote]

its cause we dont keep a 14' fence around our heards...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
wow you guys are really lucky love to see pics of your trip, keep us posted

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well I live real close to one of the biggest Elk Lands around.. Elk County, Pennsylvania.. Damn, the elk will come right up to you if you have food.. They are MASSIVE too.. If you can go down to a place called Benezette in Elk County, and NOT see 30 elk, you are a goddamn moron..

I am almost 100% positive that the largest elk in the country was found there..

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I live real close to one of the biggest Elk Lands around.. Elk County, Pennsylvania.. Damn, the elk will come right up to you if you have food.. They are MASSIVE too.. If you can go down to a place called Benezette in Elk County, and NOT see 30 elk, you are a goddamn moron..

I am almost 100% positive that the largest elk in the country was found there..
Do you know what the odds are of drawing an elk tag in PA are? Like tens of thousands to one...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts