Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
So im going home for a week for christmas, and wont be able to take c are of max (my fish).

NOw my roomate offered to feed him for me, but i hear so many bad stories when ppl let others feed thier fish while they are gone.

My roommate is not going to vacume my tank for me to get the excess out, so is there a food in particular that is not messy at all or do youthink i should let max go with out for a week?

lol i just read the post below mine, i will feed him before i leave and he will be fine.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
He should be fine for a week some time Piranhas go weeks with out eating. Just have your friend make sure that the power stays on at all times to your Piranha tank.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
they may servive a week without eating.....But I would thrw a few feeders in there....perhaps get one of those machanical feeding devices to feed the gold fish or the feeders....Thats just me

But put it this way....would you like to come back and find your piranhas eaten up

·
Registered
775 Posts
Be careful with feeders.... i went on vacation for a few days and threw some feeders in there for them and my ammonia levels went nuts!

·
Registered
791 Posts
just leave ur fish alone for a week, NOOOO FISH SITTERS!!!

u MIGHT wanna make sure it has fresh water tho

another option is leave some tiny fish in there, that wont make mess, one bight swollower's ex: danio's and tetras

but if i were u, let him b for a week, dont worry, enjoy ur holidays

1 - 5 of 5 Posts