Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to be more specific sir-Could you post your water parameters for us by ne chance :nod:

Was your tank cycled yet?

Many factors will or could play a roll in this
I checked it out yesterday, don't remember the spesifics but everything was pretty much ok, no2 was a little bit high but nothing to worry about, i have a rbp in the same tank for 3 mounths, all i did was take the red belly and put the black diamond in :S

·
Registered
19,242 Posts
Need to be more specific sir-Could you post your water parameters for us by ne chance :nod:

I checked it out yesterday, don't remember the spesifics but everything was pretty much ok, no2 was a little bit high but nothing to worry about, i have a rbp in the same tank for 3 mounths, all i did was take the red belly and put the black diamond in :S
[/quote]

Well i'm unasure them if your water params ar all good-Do you have enough oxygen in the tank-Some one will offer more assistance soon :nod: It might help too to go and look in our desiese and injury section and search around for simuliar problems!!!

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Should have done a water change first man. Sounds to me like you have a nitrate problem, and what do you mean by "checked it out yesterday and everything "SEEMED" fine, but not sure spesifics"? Specifics are a must when it comes to keeping fish. Otherwise people would lose $400 fish everyday. And a nitrate level that is to high CAN be something to worry about, and should be corrected.

Do a 50% water change immediately. Test your water again after that. If you are using test strips, you should go buy a real test kit for ammonia, nitites, and nitrates.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

[/quote]

Well i'm unasure them if your water params ar all good-Do you have enough oxygen in the tank-Some one will offer more assistance soon :nod: It might help too to go and look in our desiese and injury section and search around for simuliar problems!!!
[/quote]

i will do that, i have a oxygen pump in my tank that is sufice enough, but ill check it out at my lfs thanks :D

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
how long did you acclimate him? did you get him shipped to you or did you buy him from a lfs or private?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
how long did you acclimate him? did you get him shipped to you or did you buy him from a lfs or private?
I got him at my lfs, but they just got about 5 or 6 shippied inn from america i think, they were wild.
[/quote]
If they were shipped in from South America, your fish could still be really stressed out from the long, hard trip. Then yet again he had to be moved to get to your house. Keep the lights in the tank off, keep the temperature stable, and make sure your parameters are PRISTINE! I can't stress that enough. Water quality is very important to stressed out, wild piranhas. Make sure he gets privacy too.

I truly hope everything works out for you...and the fish too of course.
~Taylor~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.