Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Gmail is an online email system presented by Google that followed in the style of Hotmail and Yahoo. It uses a different organizational method for emails and the real catch is the high storeage levels attainable as already mentioned... It was the first to go truly big with the idea being that you'll never have to delete another email ever again.

It is available worldwide as far as I know and has definitely been available in Canada for a very long time... I remember getting an invite for it when the reg number of invites a person was given was around 5 or so. Now you can get 100. It's crazy.

There was an issue when Gmail sprang up. It had to do with privacy issues and how you were essentially signing those over to Google. However, the methods used to scan emails, as far as I can tell, are completely robotic and used to do target advertising. It's the same way all Google ads operate, essentially... The paranoia sprang up in relation to post-September 11th threats to privacy and personal freedoms with the idea that the government would be snooping about through people's emails. They can do that anyway, if they want.

·
Wavy
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gmail is an online email system presented by Google that followed in the style of Hotmail and Yahoo. It uses a different organizational method for emails and the real catch is the high storeage levels attainable as already mentioned... It was the first to go truly big with the idea being that you'll never have to delete another email ever again.

It is available worldwide as far as I know and has definitely been available in Canada for a very long time... I remember getting an invite for it when the reg number of invites a person was given was around 5 or so. Now you can get 100. It's crazy.

There was an issue when Gmail sprang up. It had to do with privacy issues and how you were essentially signing those over to Google. However, the methods used to scan emails, as far as I can tell, are completely robotic and used to do target advertising. It's the same way all Google ads operate, essentially... The paranoia sprang up in relation to post-September 11th threats to privacy and personal freedoms with the idea that the government would be snooping about through people's emails. They can do that anyway, if they want.
i never got a single ad...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.