Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting some headers for my car and cant really afford to spend 350 for the whole shebang!

so im thinking of just 2 straight pipes and some glasspacks.

iv'e never heard them on a car before does anyone know how they sound?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
getting some headers for my car and cant really afford to spend 350 for the whole shebang!

so im thinking of just 2 straight pipes and some glasspacks.

iv'e never heard them on a car before does anyone know how they sound?
They sound illegal in all 50 states. I used to run them "back in the day" on '70's muscle cars, they are real loud and sound great but you will get pulled over by every cop you pass. Definately not going to go with your sleeper scheme.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol damn! i wanna get something other than that flowmaster/dynomax sound if that is possible

this might sound funny but in video games they make mopars sound all deep and bubbly thats the cam though right?

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
lol damn! i wanna get something other than that flowmaster/dynomax sound if that is possible

this might sound funny but in video games they make mopars sound all deep and bubbly thats the cam though right?
cams make the idle sound bubblery and gapped but exhaust does have alot to do with tone..

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I ran them back in the early 80s, back when they were cool.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
wanna kind of car do you have? i have a 3.4 liter v6 2003 monte carlo and i put glasspacks (aka cherrybombs) on and it didnt sound too good, so i thought i would see how my car sounded with the exhaust dumped. its sounds real badass, so i have kept it dumped ever since

·
Registered
210 Posts
glasspacks are nothing more than the smallest muffler the you can get. they also usually burn out in a couple of months. you also need to rember that you need proper backpressure which glasspacks will not provide

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
glasspacks are nothing more than the smallest muffler the you can get. they also usually burn out in a couple of months. you also need to rember that you need proper backpressure which glasspacks will not provide
Depends on the car

·
Registered
710 Posts
my friend put one on a geo metro one time. The thing was the loudest ting ive heard until i heard a celi with 3.5 inch striaght pipes on it. The glasspack didnt sound that good but ti was rele loud

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i still wanna put one on a harley
It actually would be quieter than open pipes.. Open pipes on a car are waaaay louder than one with a glass pack on it.

To the poster, just get some cheap 14.95-19.95 generic "turbo" mufflers. Good sound and won't break the bank.. Should be able to get them from jegs, summit or a local muffler shop that does alot of v8 exhaust..

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
i still wanna put one on a harley
It actually would be quieter than open pipes.. Open pipes on a car are waaaay louder than one with a glass pack on it.

To the poster, just get some cheap 14.95-19.95 generic "turbo" mufflers. Good sound and won't break the bank.. Should be able to get them from jegs, summit or a local muffler shop that does alot of v8 exhaust..
[/quote]
yeah i know the glass packs are much quiter then the straight pipe but

that harly "potato potato " sound with a short cherry bomb glass pack

its just a curious thing for me, wondering what it would sound like.

oh, @ the poster, weld up some zoomies
make your own ,

but i assume you need it street legal so that aint gonna work

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
dont do it if its a 4banger.sounds really gay.
Not if setup right-I had my 91 civic setup with ne with a 4 inch tip-Let's just say it was one crazy soundin civiv-it can still be-seen today in tacoma washington-About a block and a half away from J street on hilltop!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts