Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can do this and save some $ on shipping tanks.

Has anyone done this???

Just wondering if prices on the tanks are the same at shows, as when you order directly.

They are gonna bring me a few more monster tanks in febuary,but if the prices are cheaper at the shows,

ill just show up and buy

Either way will be nice to save the money

· Registered
1,900 Posts
i wanted to get a larger tank in the 150-210 range and i was looking at almost 220 bucks for shipping. i can go to my lfs and get a tank and throw it in the back of my car for less. if u want something from 210 and below i would just go to your lfs and see what their prices. although u can call or email ahead what u want to glasscages and find out if they will have the size that u want at the conventions.

· Registered
146 Posts
shoe997bed263 said:
i wanted to get a larger tank in the 150-210 range and i was looking at almost 220 bucks for shipping. i can go to my lfs and get a tank and throw it in the back of my car for less. if u want something from 210 and below i would just go to your lfs and see what their prices. although u can call or email ahead what u want to glasscages and find out if they will have the size that u want at the conventions.
[snapback]825747[/snapback]​
i don't know if i could throw a 180 gal. in my truck, i may need a little help. from what i understand you will need a few friends over and help unless you guys have a fork lift and a dolly.

· Registered
595 Posts
cmsCheerFish said:
do they charge you to pick up your tankat a "show"?
[snapback]825936[/snapback]​
i had asked them how much shipping was gona be to my house on a order for
180 g tank
stand they said it would cost me $250 or for $80 i could pick it up from them when there at one of there shows.

· Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o.k thanks guys.

I bought a 240 long from them, it was 150 to ship, total with tops was like 640$, a very good deal I thought, especially since around here that goes for well over 1000$.

He said for 2 135 gallons,cost would be 500$, plus 80$ for lids.

Normal shipping is 225$, but if I pick it up at the show will be only 50$ instead of 225$.
definitely going to pick them up next month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.