Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I see a lot of these tanks with that fake wood trim across the top and for some reason the stands usually look nice but I can't stand the stuff across the top of the glass. Has anyone removed it and what kind of luck did you have with any residue?

·
Registered
427 Posts
that wood trim holds the tank together moron you need it. If you dont like the look build yourself a nice hood with the lights built into it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
yea man you really do need that lol

that holds pressure. if you do take that out you will need to make a few brases :nod:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx, I may just paint it black, got a good deal on a 120 and just don't like the look from the pictures,,, thanks again for the info

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
that wood trim holds the tank together moron you need it. If you dont like the look build yourself a nice hood with the lights built into it.
What an a**hole

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You don't need IT but you do need some bracing for the top. You could remove it and silicone a piece of glass a couple of inches wide across the tank from front to back, it'll do the same thing. Me, I'd just buy or build a hood to cover it, that'll be way easier and would look better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A hood might be worth looking into once everything gets set up. Im not much of a wood-worker so I'll have to find someone. I can't believe they still manufacture that shitty looking fake wood.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
i didnt call you a moron, but im sorry because i call P-furry home and i appologize
for some knuckleheads here........paint is the best way to go bro

·
Registered
509 Posts
Is it actual wood looking or is it like the wood grain sticker? If its just the sticker type, which I have seen, than I'm sure there's something to remove it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts