Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothin' better than seeing (literally) ghost shrimp get stuffed on tropical tablets, then get swallowed and torn up by my little 2" RPB. I'm new to P's so the little stuff gets me excited.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
lol nice
Mine are about 6inches and i see the most action with Lobster!

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,963 Posts
when i had reds they used to be most active feeding when i gave them freeze dried river shrimp or krill, then they started to really like cichlid pellets.. they would start darting all over the tanks and splashing the surface grabbing pellets, then i could hear tehm crunching the pellets..

it was kind of disappointing when they would turn down feeders, but they where getting a healthier diet from the pellets and shrimp and they where still very active..

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,963 Posts
for a while i kept ghoast shrimp in my RBP tank, i set up some slate so they had a safe area in the tank and eventually they started breeding. at first i had 20 GS and after a few months i still had about 20 but i know the p's would get a few of them occasionally.. eventually i had to move the slate to clean the tank and after that the shrimp slowly got eaten until there where none left..4

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts
I like ghoust shrimp but there to small for 5" to 6" Caribes. I have 7 of them in the tank and the shrimp dont even last an hour. I still buy some ever once in awhile just to change up the diet. I uselly thrown in about 100 but my P's waste no time in eating them. Thinking about putting a little house so that my little shrimp could hid. I like the shrimp because they can clean up the tank.

·
Registered
235 Posts
haha, i get the most action from my girlfriend

but seriously, i havent even been able to train my rhom to eat fresh fish fillets yet. he just takes a small bite every couple of days when i put one in. i finally got fed up after a month and just wanted to see him tear a fish apart. so i got a couple of livebearers and fed him some. he went nuts after about a min of staring at me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts