Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my gf some dime sized rbp and set them up in a tank in my room and they're growing leaps and bounds. She loves the things to death which makes me very proud and happy that I can share my love for piranha's with her. She keeps looking for new decorations and such to place in the tank and tonight she found a fake skull to put in...I'll try to get some time to post a follow up with a pic. I just wanted to share how lucky I was to have a gf I can share my hobby with.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
cool..its always nice when your other half like the things you like...
and yes hurry up with those pic..like to check it out

·
Registered
564 Posts
It is extremely nice to have a girl that is interested in what you are interested in. Especially in Piranhas!!!

My girl loves my p's. She always wants to put the food in. She loves watching them eat. I think I might get my girl a 30 gallon and get some small p's like you did rcr.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Thats how you know you have a "keeper" when she makes your life/passions part of her own.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
My gf hates my RBs, but gives them gay names... It is a badass if your other half has the same interest with your hobby. BUt beware, it also has its ups and downs. When I first bought my Rhom she hated it. Had to move back home and had her take care of it for a couple days. Couple days became weeks.. weeks became months.. and now she became the owner of my 5" Rhom

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
RhomZilla said:
My gf hates my RBs, but gives them gay names... It is a badass if your other half has the same interest with your hobby. BUt beware, it also has its ups and downs. When I first bought my Rhom she hated it. Had to move back home and had her take care of it for a couple days. Couple days became weeks.. weeks became months.. and now she became the owner of my 5" Rhom
ain't that the truth...

whats mine is mine and what yours is mine..........................

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
My woman doesn't mind my piranha but she hates the reputation of them dispite what she actually sees... ah well shes come along way now though :smile:

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Consider yourself lucky. My wife thinks my fish are ugly. The only positive thing she has ever said was at least they are sparkely.
She loves the tank and respects they are my fish. But she whould be happier if i kept marine fish.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
my gf liked my reds when i first got them.now she realizedhow skittish they are and splash water everywhere so she hates them now

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
lastyboy Posted on May 15 2003, 03:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My girlfriend has no interest in my P's at all!
However, i am considering feeding her to them at a later date!!!!!!

InSinUAsian Posted on May 15 2003, 04:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats how you know you have a "keeper" when she makes your life/passions part of her own.

LMAO good idea lastyboy, and that is the truth insin

·
Registered
384 Posts
All I ever hear is like "so how much did this cost you?" And then I say.....5 bucks..... girls don't get it, they can spend a grand on clothes that'll be out of style in a year, but if you spend 500 on a tank and hobby you'll be interested for your life, it's a bad investment.....yes feeding them to the p's what a concept

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
mine is but sometimes it comes up in a fight or something "all you talk about is fish" its not really but she likes them i was thinking on selling them to get different piranhas and she was like NO! those are our babies we have had them since they were dime size i was like whoaa ookie dokie.

·
Registered
94 Posts
here's a girls point of view for you. I wasn't crazy about the idea of having a piranha when my boyfriend moved in, but I have come to totally adore him. We bought another one for xmas, and we just got three new babies (all my ideas). I think they are incredible fish and am so glad he has introduced me to them. It also has helped that he has kept me involved in them, taught me about their care and diseases and shown me this site so I understand them more.

Now I have a tank sitting here for me, and I would love to fill it with more p's, but I think three tanks of them is more than enough for right now. lol.

Good luck with the gf's :smile:

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
My girlfriend loves my Ps. too....lucky guy...remember share some pics!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts