Piranhas Forum banner

Getting rb active

393 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Bake@98.6° 
#1 ·
i need to know what kinds of fish i can put in my tank with my rb to get him more active?
help greatly apprediated.

#2 ·
i've got a schoal off neon tetra's in mine with my 5 rbp's, and it seems to be fine. i would think any fish that is small enough to not be thought of as "food" is okay. my buddy's got a schoal of zebra danio's, and i've heard of ppl using tiger barbs. hope that helps

#6 ·
ive tried lots of things the only thing that ive found works for more than a couple weeks would be bucktooth tetras (exodons) tiger barbs started to go missing and i have a jewel cichlid thats been with my pirnahas since they where about .5 inch long and now there about 4 inches

#7 ·
nothing will last with them for long, if you want a fish to keep them active add a shaol of the fasest thing in your lfs as the ranas cant keep thier sense of stability when having 20 fish flying past your face every second they never sit still i used danios. good luck and remeber dont spend too much it will just up a expensive dinner.

#11 ·
jan said:
Why don't you try a shoal of exodons. A few members on the board keep them succesfully with their pygo's.
[snapback]835112[/snapback]​
I put a shoal of 15 exos in my tank and they ended up mobbing my P's biting scales off. I ended up having to take some of them out. They would bite a P and piss it off, then the P would freak out and attack the rest of the P's

I had good success with danios, they NEVER stop moving wich is what gets the P's stirred up. Exos swam constantly too, but took a few too many bites and were stressing out my P's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.